idioms /sentences/phrases meaning
Hi! Could you tell me the meanings of the following
idioms /sentences/phrases : (Pls also indicate if it's an idiom or just a phrase)
1. Life is such a drag.
2. I decided to cut my losses.
3. I'll be walking in egg shelsl
4. I wanna make sure if its everything okay between us.
Yeah. It's hunky dory!
5. You should think before you duke it out
6. speaking of which,
7 I feel like I am million bucks but i wouldnt take the pay-cut.
8. the bomb (not the explosive)
9. She comes round and goes down on me
Thx in advance as always.
expressions idioms slang
1. Life is such a drag. (Drag is slang. It means something/somebody is very boring and tiresome).
2. I decided to cut my losses. (An expression. It means to stop doing something so that you will not continue to lose something.
Example: My stock was falling in value so I decided to sell it and cut my losses.
Our relationship was getting nowhere, so I decided to break it off and cut my losses).
3. I'll be walking in egg shells. (Walk on eggshells means to be very careful not to offend someone)
4. I wanna make sure if it's, "everything okay" between us. (Wanna is slang).
Yeah. It's hunky dory! (Hunky dory is slang. It means fine, OK, about as well as one could expect).
5. You should think before you duke it out. (Duke it out is slang. It means to fight with the fists).
6. speaking of which, (An expression. It means "in reference to that").
7 I feel like I am million bucks but i wouldnt take the pay-cut. (I feel like (I am) a million bucks is an expression that means you feel wonderful. I don't know what "but I wouldn't take the pay-cut" means).
8. the bomb (not the explosive) (Slang: an absolute failure. This is more common as a verb, to bomb or to bomb out, meaning to fail completely).
9. She comes round and goes down on me. (There are several meanings for "comes round" and "goes down." Without the context I don't know the meaning).
Thanks Rusty. Your reply has always been helpful and enlightening.
Here is a part of the lyrics where I found them.
She says she lives for me, Ovation, She's got her own motivation,
she comes round and she goes down on me,
And I make her smile, It's like a drug for you,
It sounds to me as if it means,
Originally Posted by raven
- She comes to see me and performs oral sex.
Later lines in the lyrics (which I looked up on line) appear to be talking about drugs.