Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IELTS or TOEFL?

Default IELTS or TOEFL?

IELTS or TOEFL?

Can anyone tell me whether TOEFL or IELTS is more widely accepted?

Quote Originally Posted by goodbyusa View Post
    IELTS or TOEFL?

Can anyone tell me whether TOEFL or IELTS is more widely accepted?
    Go to the link bellow and you'll see a summary of the purpose of the TOEFL and IELTS. In general, the TOEFL has been traditionally more popular, but the IELTS has grown. It also depends on your objectives and which country you'd like to move to.

http://englishtec.com/preview-free-v...iew-exam-prep/

Go for IELTS, as the preference to this exam is increasing now a days!!! if you are really good at English i promise you can prepare yourself for the exam in a week........i did this and scored 7/9 which is a valuable score.

TOEFL is completely being replaced by IELTS...so its better you give IELTS because at the last moment if you are asked to submit your IELTS score you need to take the test then....

Default IELTS or TOEFL?

Hi

I got the following information from the IELTS and TOEFL official websites:

• IELTS is recognised by more than 6000 institutions in over 135 countries
    • The TOEFL test is recognized by more than 8,500 colleges, universities and agencies in more than 130 countries

Whether you should take IELTS or TOEFL really depends on the reason you need to take an English language test.

If you need to take a test for entrance into a university in an English speaking country, you should check which test or tests is/are recognised by the university you want to apply to.

Likewise, if you need to take a test as part of your application to immigrate to another country, then you should check which test you need to take with the government immigration department or an immigration agent.

Hope that answers your question,

Pete - IELTS tutor

TOEFL is widely accepted.

IELTS is better.

what would be the acceptable anyway? can tell ..

Jonesshawn by the way new here...

According to me IELTS is better. IELTS is a face-to-face interview. People who feel more comfortable with interviews may score higher on IELTS. In most areas the IELTS and TOEFL are given equivalent value.I think you should take test online for free and see which one you like better. Instead, if you want to go to the US/Canada/Singapore,go with the TOEFL.If you're thinking of UK/NZ/Australia, go with IELTS.

Hello friends,

I think also IELTS is better.

For me, I choose TOEFL but if you can do both, then that would be really great.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast