Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: perfect form of the gerund

  1. #1

    Default perfect form of the gerund

    Good morning. Can anyone give me some links that will explain the perfect form of the gerund in a clear manner to an ordinary person like me? Thank you for any help.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    4,852

    Default

    Have you tried an Yahoo search such as:

    "perfect gerund"
    (quotation marks are important)

    ?

    It gives first of all:

    http://www.englishpage.com/gerunds/part_3.htm

    and other interesting links, such as Azar's:

    Gerunds, simple and past
    http://www.171english.cn/html/grammar/00100.htm
    Last edited by Marius Hancu; 02-17-2010 at 05:41 AM.

  3. #3

    Default

    Thanks for the leads.

  4. #4

    Default

    Those leads were great!!! Just what I was looking for. A million thanks again.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    4,852

    Default

    That's fine. Just ask yourself why didn't you find them by yourself and next time will be better. You should improve your methods.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marius Hancu View Post
    That's fine. Just ask yourself why didn't you find them by yourself and next time will be better. You should improve your methods.
    Thank you, sir.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marius Hancu View Post
    Have you tried an Yahoo search such as:

    "perfect gerund"
    (quotation marks are important)

    ?

    It gives first of all:

    http://www.englishpage.com/gerunds/part_3.htm

    and other interesting links, such as Azar's:

    Gerunds, simple and past
    http://www.171english.cn/html/grammar/00100.htm
    Hi Marius,

    Sorry, but I don't think that the usage of the article an is correct here.

    Have you tried an Yahoo search such as (as shown above)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferdie View Post
    Hi Marius,

    Sorry, but I don't think that the usage of the article an is correct here.

    Have you tried an Yahoo search such as (as shown above)
    That is correct, Ferdie.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    4,852

    Default

    You're right, that's one of my perennial things.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •